Sangamo Therapeutics, a gene-based therapeutics company, seeks a motivated, detail-oriented and passionate team player to serve as Vice President, Corporate. Reporting directly to the General Counsel, the Vice President, Corporate will manage the company’s corporate legal function in addition to assisting with strategic initiatives, transactions, compliance and risk management and other complex legal matters. This person will be responsible for corporate securities, corporate development, M&A, corporate governance and work closely with C-level executives and cross-functional business partners.
Sangamo has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct this search. Any resumes sent directly to Sangamo will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Maddie Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Kerwin Associates.
- Manage the corporate legal function including supporting public filings, securities, governance, M&A, financings, and public filings.
- Oversee and advise on SEC reporting and compliance matters, including 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Section 16 and Section 13 filings, earnings releases and investor presentations, and oversee the Disclosure Committee process.
- Manage corporate governance (including updating governance docs, supporting the implementation of controls, board meeting prep, and drafting board resolutions) and supporting investor relations and corporate communications.
- Support Board of Directors and board committees, including board and committee materials and meeting minutes and annual governance calendar.
- Oversee domestic and international entity management and governance, including supporting international entities and global privacy.
- Support the Company’s corporate development efforts, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
- Partner with Finance and Compliance to establish and maintain appropriate corporate controls.
- Build and manage the team focused on providing the services above across the organization.
- Advise and work closely with senior management and a variety of key stakeholders, including Finance, HR, Investor Relations, Public Relations, Tax and Treasury teams.
- Assist with other projects as requested.
- JD degree, strong academic credentials admitted to practice in at least one jurisdiction.
- 10+ years of relevant legal experience at a top firm and in-house environment, including experience with in-house corporate and securities function
- Expert knowledge of applicable SEC and NASDAQ rules and best practices
- Outstanding judgment and integrity, ability to balance complex matters independently and closely manage outside counsel.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Management experience and passion for building and scaling teams.
- Preference for candidates with life science or health tech experience.
- Prior experience supporting at least one of the following areas: Corporate Compliance, Employment/HR, Finance, Privacy and FDA Activities.