One of the top law firms in the nation is seeking a Transactional Attorney to join their Office of the General Counsel. The Transactional Attorney will draft, edit and review business vendor, service provider contracts for the firm, and assist with client-related agreements. This person will lead and collaborate in contract negotiation processes and build collaborative relationships internally and externally to drive strong, time-sensitive results. Additionally you will demonstrate strong business acumen in negotiations and applied legal expertise, with an emphasis on technology, purchase and sale transactions. In this role you will ensure client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
- Draft, negotiate, and review commercial contracts to support policies and objectives of the firm; collaborate throughout contracting processes by analyzing business, financial and legal risks; develop creative solutions and mitigation strategies for negotiation points. Contract types include, but are not limited to: software/SAAS, cloud services, IS and other professional services, purchase agreements, subscription agreements, data protection agreements, and event and site-related agreements
- Assist with engagement terms for local counsel and co-counsel in various jurisdictions, responses to client questionnaires and client-requested agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other agreements, while working with the firm’s client engagement counsel.
- Apply advanced knowledge of contract laws, firm policies, processes and industry standard practices to drive a successful close to the firm’s business contracts and deals with respect to contract terms and strategic position for future needs
- Collaborate with department representatives and firm leaders to understand upcoming contract needs for new deals and renewals; prioritize deal support in planning process; implement legal strategy to focus on high value activities
- Ensure key contracts are aligned with the overall priorities of the firm, paying special attention to the firm’s risk management practices as they develop. Track firm policy decisions; ensure that policies and contract preferences are incorporated into contracts. Spot potential risks in business transactions and raise appropriately
- All other duties as assigned or required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, iManage, Adobe and ability to develop proficiency in other firm applications
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- Active member in good standing of state bar which attorney is resident
- 4+ years of contracts drafting, review and negotiation experience in-house and/or at a law firm, including inbound software/SAAS agreements, purchase agreements, subscription agreements, professional services and non-disclosure agreements
- Strong knowledge of key legal concepts, processes and industry practices applicable to commercial contracts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts and other information clearly and concisely
- Ability to analyze needs and to determine priorities based on business objectives with a strong sense of accountability
- Ability to work extended and/or weekend hours, and ability to travel, as required
Pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on skillset and experience: $165,000 to $195,000 annually.