As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable, and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying their brand, products, people, network, and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Our client, Visa is seeking a business and commercial lawyer with experience supporting the treasury function within the banking, financial services, or payments industry to join its growing legal team that supports Visa’s Global Product, Technology, and Operations organizations. The position will report to a Vice-President, Legal - Global Product & Operations.
The role includes responsibility for supporting Visa’s Treasury as a Service business and platform, as it relates to a variety of products, services, and operational functions, either as the lead attorney or as part of a small team of experienced counsel. Products and services include Visa’s core product suite (credit, debit, prepaid, commercial), value-added services, and new payment flows. The attorney will work closely with other experienced lawyers and compliance professionals and regularly engage with business clients.
Applicants must be skilled at managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and challenging, but highly rewarding, environment; have good judgment and strong analytical, client counseling, and negotiation skills; be self-motivated; and, most importantly, be optimistic, curious, and collaborative team player.
- Work closely with the treasury and business teams to understand and achieve key business objectives and help them develop compelling product and service offerings
- Support the rapidly evolving Treasury as a Service business
- Draft, negotiate, and drive to completion of complex commercial agreements that achieve business objectives, and continue to support those business relationships once consummated
- Provide sophisticated and creative counseling and advice to business teams regarding product development, deployment, and associated commercial and contracting considerations
- Lead review of product-related marketing materials, public relations, and corporate communications
- Manage regulatory support and evaluation of how shifts in regulatory landscapes may impact Visa and its partners
- Work closely with Visa’s regional and local legal and business teams globally, and assist these teams in resolving regional and local issues, including to achieve consistency on approaches and issues by Visa worldwide
- Where required, coordinate and supervise outside counsel for the timeliness, cost-effectiveness, and excellence of service and work product
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree and J.D. (or international equivalent)
- Admitted to bar in good standing or registered or eligible to work as in-house counsel in the state of office location for the role
- Strong academic credentials
- 7+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree and J.D. (or international equivalent)
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively as needed, and engage directly with business clients at all levels
- Must be a practical and creative problem-solver with strong business acumen and work ethic
- Must be able to manage and drive the legal and regulatory aspects of complex business initiatives, both in the U.S. and internationally
- Must have experience in supporting a treasury function
- Strong preference for prior experience in at least one of the following additional areas: payment services industry, money movement products, and services, and/or technology transactions
- Transactional background (corporate, commercial arrangements) with significant experience drafting and negotiating a wide array of commercial agreements
- Demonstrated ability to drive execution in a team environment, integrating legal advice and business knowledge while providing balanced advice regarding risks and benefits
- Developed business acumen, with the ability to understand the company's business interests and anticipate the nature and magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings
- Must be able to multitask and manage a significant workload and a number of clients with minimal supervision
Visa has exclusively engaged Kerwin to conduct this search. Any resumes sent directly to Visa will be forwarded to Kerwin. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Anne Kerwin Payne (email@example.com) and Krithi Byadgi (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Kerwin Associates.