Bill.com is a leader in financial process automation for small businesses and mid-size companies. Making it simple to connect and do business, the Bill.com Back Office Cloud digitizes, automates and simplifies legacy payment and financial processes. With an integrated, end-to-end platform, Bill.com leverages artificial intelligence to reduce manual work, and provides a cloud workspace to help run your business anytime, anywhere. The company partners with many of the largest U.S. financial institutions, more than 70% of the top 100 U.S. accounting firms, and major accounting software providers. Bill.com manages more than $70B in annual payment volume across ACH, virtual cards, checks, and international payments. The company has offices in Palo Alto, California and Houston, Texas.
Bill.com is seeking a Sr. Director, Commercial to be in charge of the commercial function for the company. This role reports to the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer and will drive negotiate, and manage large strategic partnerships with financial institutions and strategic partners and will be responsible for other legal matters as needed.
Bill.com has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for a Sr. Director, Commercial. Any resumes sent directly to Bill.com will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking further about or applying for this role, please contact Kathleen Britschgi, (email@example.com) at Kerwin Associates.
- Structure, draft, review and negotiate strategic partnership agreements and other unique commercial arrangements requiring strategic and creative thinking.
- Partner with the Strategic Partnerships and Business Development function and work cross-functionally with other stakeholders on legal risks, business strategies and other matters related to commercial partnerships.
- Advise business operations teams on meeting commitments to financial institutions and strategic partners and driving new initiatives to promote engagement and customer adoption.
- Communicate business and legal issues to senior management to enable decision making and deliver pragmatic, and business-focused legal advice to business partners.
- JD from a top law school with exceptional academic credentials.
- At least 10 years commercial legal experience.
- Substantial experience negotiating with large strategic partners and customers.
- Experience managing deals with fintech companies and financial institutions ideal.
- Understanding of intellectual property, licensing and services provider issues in the context of commercial transactions.
- Proven contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex contractual issues, assess risk and provide pragmatic recommendations to all levels of management.
- Superior communication, negotiation, people and organizational skills and be comfortable and confident in dealing directly with partners, customers, business teams and all levels of management.
- Collaborative, team player able to handle a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.