The Role: Forescout is seeking a Senior Counsel, Procurement to contribute across a full range of procurement commercial legal matters. Reporting into the Senior Director, Assistant General Counsel, the successful candidate will be a business-oriented senior commercial counsel with considerable experience drafting and negotiating complex inbound technology agreements as well as other standard types of procurement agreements. This role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Review, draft, structure and negotiate a variety of complex technology agreements, including cloud/SaaS and software subscription contracts, channel-related contracts (MSP, Reseller, Distributor), agreements for the licensing, and/or sale of software, hardware, and professional services, strategic partner agreements, and a wide variety of inbound procurement agreements.
- Negotiate Data Processing Agreements (DPAs), Information Security Addendums, and other similar agreements directly with customers and vendors.
- Partner closely with internal clients to facilitate efficient and accurate contract review, providing practical, actionable advice to overcome challenges.
- Implement, manage and refine processes and workflows governing the intake and review of commercial agreements and driving strategic process improvements where needed.
- Advise and assist internal stakeholders in the development and maintenance of standard contract terms and templates on a project-by-project basis.
- Conducting training and education on approved contracting processes and best practices.
- Additional projects, as assigned, to support a variety of strategic initiatives.
- BA/BS and JD degrees required.
- A lawyer qualified to practice in at least one U.S. state.
- 6+ years of experience in-house, law firm or mix.
- Significant experience and confidence negotiating complex inbound technology agreements as well as other standard types of procurement agreements.
- Experience negotiating and managing government contracts is a plus.
- Professional maturity to take ownership of various assignments with limited supervision.
- Strong working knowledge of data privacy and security issues, with experience drafting and negotiating data privacy and data security terms.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of contract and related matters.
- Exceptional attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Sense of humor and commitment to professionalism.
- Advanced PC skills required with expertise in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- DocuSign, SharePoint, and Salesforce.com experience is a plus.
- Able to handle high-stress situations in a professional, business-like manner.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and good follow-through skills necessary.
About Forescout: Forescout delivers automated cybersecurity across the digital terrain. They empower their customers to achieve continuous alignment of their security frameworks with their digital realities, across all asset types – IT, IoT, OT, and IoMT. Today the modern enterprise is an Enterprise of Things. Forescout is on a mission to secure the Enterprise of Things with active defense by identifying, segmenting, and enforcing compliance of every connected thing. In real-time. And at scale. Their unified security platform enables enterprises and government agencies to focus on Zero Trust segmentation, IT/OT convergence, and OT/ICS innovation.
Compensation: The estimated annual base salary for this position is $220,000 - $225,000. This position is also eligible for participation in our discretionary bonus programs.
Forescout has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct this search. Any resumes sent directly to Forescout will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Anne Kerwin Payne (email@example.com) or Emily Castellanos (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Kerwin Associates.