Our client, a financial technology company, seeks an outstanding Senior Counsel, Corporate. Reporting to the General Counsel, this person will help manage the corporate function for the company.This is a great opportunity to be a leader on a growing legal team and be influential in defining corporate strategy for one of the fastest growing startups in fintech.
- Lead for all corporate legal responsibilities.
- Manage domestic and international entity formation.
- Manage the cap table and support equity and debt financing, and secondary transactions, including producing and reviewing due diligence materials and disclosure schedules.
- Manage corporate governance (including updating governance docs, supporting the implementation of controls, board meeting prep,and drafting board resolutions) and supporting investor relations.
- Support the Company’s corporate development efforts, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
- Partner with Finance and Compliance to establish and maintain appropriate corporate insurance.
- Be the primary point of contact for Finance on various matters including global tax strategy and audit and IPO readiness.
- Negotiate debt transactions, including structured finance and warehouse lines.
- Build and manage the team focused on providing the services above across the organization.
- 10+ years working experience in a combination of law firms and technology or traditional financial services companies,experience in startups is a plus.
- Outstanding judgment and integrity, ability to balance complex matters independently and closely manage outside counsel.
- Creative disposition and a problem-solving approach to lawyering that draws on your experience and your intuition coupled with validation of assumptions and the law.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and able to turn work around very quickly, as needed.
- Management experience required and the ability to build a world-class team.
- Entrepreneurial and ability to work across various modes of communication; strong sense of purpose; enjoy working cross-functionally with colleagues in a low-politic environment.
- JD and admitted to practice in at least one jurisdiction.