Zoom has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for a Senior Counsel, Compliance & Privacy (India). Any resumes sent directly to Zoom will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Kathleen Britschgi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Zoom’s mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that unifies users’ meeting experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever. The company is the world leader in video communications. Hundreds of thousands of businesses turn to Zoom for video and web collaboration.
The Senior Counsel, Compliance & Privacy will facilitate and drive compliance with applicable Indian legal requirements and ensure the implementation of Zoom’s global compliance and ethics program at the India affiliate/sub. Exercising and applying sound ethical, legal, and business judgment, the Senior Counsel will lead and manage Zoom’s compliance program in India on a day-to-day basis, and will escalate, manage, and timely report legal and control issues with transparency to Global Compliance & Ethics in the U.S.
- Government Agency Liaison: Receives and handles interception requests from authorized government agencies pursuant to The Information Technology Rules of 2009, Procedure and Safeguards for Interception, Monitoring and Decryption of Information.
- Privacy Compliance: Facilitates compliance with Zoom’s privacy policies, and applicable Indian privacy laws. Handles user grievances and requests related to privacy pursuant to The Information Technology Rules of 2011, Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
- Content Compliance: Handles user complaints on access and usage of Zoom’s platform pursuant to Information Technology Rules of 2011, Intermediaries Guidelines.
- Computer Emergency Response: Serves as the liaison to coordinate with the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team pursuant to the Information Technology Rules of 2013, The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team and Manner of Performing Functions and Duties.
- Blocking Receipt and Handling: Receives and handles blocking requests from authorized government agencies pursuant to The Information Technology Rules of 2009, Procedure and Safeguards for Blocking for Access of Information by Public.
- Anti-Bribery Compliance: Supports compliance with applicable anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws and Zoom’s policies.
- Trade and Economic Sanctions and Export Controls Compliance: Facilitates compliance with applicable trade and economic sanctions and export controls laws and regulations and Zoom’s policies.
- Training: Conducts risk-based and tailored training to Zoom employees to facilitate legal and policy compliance, and raise awareness of company compliance controls.
- Investigations: Supports local investigations as directed by Zoom’s Global Compliance & Ethics team.
- India qualified lawyer in active and good standing with the local bar. LLM from a U.S.-accredited law school preferred.
- 10+ years of experience working in the technology or telecommunications industry, preferably for a U.S.-based multinational company.
- Knowledge of privacy, anti-bribery, and sanctions laws and regulations, industry practices, standards, laws, and regulations. Compliance experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to exchange information in a concise and logical manner.