Zoom has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for a Senior Counsel, Compliance & Privacy (EMEA). Any resumes sent directly to Zoom will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Kathleen Britschgi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Zoom’s mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that unifies users’ meeting experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever. The company is the world leader in video communications. Hundreds of thousands of businesses turn to Zoom for video and web collaboration.
Reporting into the U.S.-based Global Compliance & Ethics program in the U.S., the Senior Counsel, Compliance & Privacy will facilitate and drive compliance with applicable EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa) legal requirements and implement Zoom’s global compliance and ethics and privacy programs at the EMEA affiliate/sub. Exercising and applying sound ethical, legal, and business judgment, the Senior Counsel will lead and manage Zoom’s compliance program in EMEA on a day-to-day basis, and will escalate, manage, and timely report legal and control issues with transparency to Global Compliance & Ethics in the U.S.
- Privacy Compliance: Supports ongoing compliance with applicable regional privacy laws and regulations and Zoom’s policies. Develop guidance on regional privacy and data security frameworks and set compliance requirements for Zoom products and programs. Work with the Privacy Team and contribute to Privacy Impact assessments related to product and associated technologies and vendors. Work cross functionally with security and other teams to ensure data privacy and security compliance.
- Anti-Bribery Compliance: Supports compliance with applicable anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws and Zoom’s policies.
- Trade and Economic Sanctions and Export Controls Compliance: Facilitates compliance with applicable trade and economic sanctions and export controls laws and regulations and Zoom’s policies.
- Training: Conducts risk-based and tailored training to Zoom employees to facilitate legal and policy compliance, and raise awareness of company compliance controls.
- Investigations: Supports local investigations as directed by Zoom’s Global Compliance & Ethics team.
- Government Requests: Assist with review of regional and local government requests for user data.
- EMEA qualified lawyer in active and good standing with the local bar. LLM from a U.S.-accredited law school and experience with a U.S.-based publicly listed preferred.
- 10+ years of experience working in the technology or telecommunications industry, preferably for a U.S.-based multinational company.
- Expertise in regional privacy and data protection laws and regulations such as GDPR.
- Knowledge of anti-bribery, and sanctions laws and regulations, industry practices, standards, laws, and regulations. Compliance experience is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional judgment, excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to exchange information in a concise and logical manner.
- Ability to quickly issue spot and appropriately prioritize risk and outcomes.