Our client, C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Suite provides comprehensive services to build enterprise-scale AI applications more efficiently and cost-effectively than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, data-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at: www.c3.ai.
Due to their continued growth, C3 AI is seeking an outstanding Senior Corporate Counsel to join their impressive Legal team. Reporting to the General Counsel, you will perform a broad range of corporate matters for the company. (In-office 5-days per week/Relocation available)
- Advise the company on corporate governance matters, financings and related matters.
- Prepare, review, and file regulatory filings and related documents, including SEC filings and reports, proxy statements, registration statements, and other filings when required.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing other public disclosures and corporate communications, including earnings releases, press releases, etc.
- Assist in monitoring, maintaining, and implementing various corporate governance practices and policies, including subsidiary management.
- Assist on strategic transactions and due diligence on various projects.
- Work closely with outside counsel and advise business teams on laws and regulations relating to corporate governance, securities compliance, and related topics.
- Partner with business teams to provide advice and creative solutions to complex problems.
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures, and training.
- Work seamlessly and collaboratively within the legal team and as a legal business partner to multiple internal business stakeholders.
- Shape and improve the legal processes that enable both legal and business functions to scale effectively
- Assist other teams with projects on an as-needed basis.
- JD and member of the California Bar in good standing or eligible for Registered In-House Counsel.
- 8+ years in-house public company corporate and securities law experience (some law firm experience a plus). More senior candidates will be considered.
- Resourceful self-starter with excellent problem-solving capabilities, excellent judgment, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Adept at thinking creatively and strategically on your feet; proven ability to manage complex workloads, multiple stakeholder demands and ever-shifting priorities all while instilling confidence.
- Responsiveness, sense of humor, positive attitude, and a willingness to dive into new areas.
- Candidates must have the proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-‐paced environment.
- C3 AI is a culture of “doers.” Employees at all levels are willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. The incoming candidate is a team player who embodies those ideals and doesn’t hesitate to jump in and solve difficult problems.
- Ability to juggle and manage multiple priorities. Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- A high-energy individual who inspires others through clarity and conviction of a shared vision.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of personalities and operating styles. This person has exceptional interpersonal skills and keen self-awareness.
- Someone with crisp, precise verbal and written communication and skills who is capable of delivering data-driven messages to the executive team and other internal and external constituents.
- A hard-working individual who leads from the front.
- A dynamic, adaptable individual capable of pivoting quickly. While this person needs to be hands-on, s/he is equally capable of taking a step back to ensure other team members are executing towards greater strategic goals.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong moral compass and will understand the importance of ethics in business. Authentic integrity comes naturally for strong leaders; C3 AI believes this is an essential attribute for every employee at the company.
C3 AI provides excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package, which include:
- Generous equity plan.
- Salary range: $220,000 - $290,000 USD.
C3 AI has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct this search. Any resumes sent directly to C3 AI will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Kathleen Britschgi (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Kerwin Associates.