Our client, the leading networking solutions company helping power today’s work from home environment, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and personable attorney to join their team. Your primary responsibility will be to support the corporate governance and securities law needs of the company. You will be an integral member of the Legal team and will have the opportunity to operate independently in a dynamic environment and gain exposure, while supporting all aspects of the company’s business. You will be the seventh member of the legal department and will report directly to the General Counsel.
- Have primary responsibility at the Company for handling securities law and SEC reporting and compliance matters, including periodic reports, 8-Ks, Section 16 filings, proxy statements and annual reports, the Company’s annual stockholders meeting and stockholder proposals, earnings press releases, executive compensation disclosure, disclosure advice, investor relations and corporate secretarial matters;
- Advise and ensure compliance on corporate governance matters including support of the Board of Directors and its Committees, corporate governance policies and procedures, stock listing compliance and matters of interest to the company's stockholders;
- Play a key role in driving the Company’s ESG program and related disclosure;
- Support the Company’s Corporate Development function by working on M&A and corporate venture financing transactions, including negotiating confidentiality agreements, due diligence, negotiation and drafting of term sheets and definitive agreements, closing mechanics and integration support;
- Advise and assist on executive compensation and broad-based equity compensation matters, including equity compensation plans, cash incentive plans, performance-based compensation, and compensation and governance policies;
- Stay up-to-date and keep executives advised on external governance trends and new legal developments, SEC and Nasdaq rules and requirements, general legal issues and best practices;
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of general commercial agreements, including customer and vendor contracts and other technology agreements.
In addition, you will receive great mentorship and have the opportunity to diversify your practice, gain exposure to a wide variety of legal issues, and take ownership of other legal areas within the nimble legal team. This is a rare opportunity to join a well-established but dynamic company and be part of a highly respected group within the company.
- At least 5-10 years relevant experience, combined law firm and in-house experience preferred but we will consider both law firm and in-house candidates.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated hands-on solution-oriented experience in most, if not all, of the substantive areas described above.
- Significant public company experience coordinating securities filings, including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K and proxy statements.
- Ability to evaluate issues from legal and business perspectives with a practical, common sense approach to problem solving.
- Broad range of relevant legal experience, including the ability to identify, prioritize and resolve critical legal issues in real time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to transform complex information into clear, concise and actionable communications for business partners.
- Willingness to learn and work on a broad variety of areas.
- Ability to work independently or within a team as required, including as part of cross-functional and cross-border teams, and with all levels of employees from individual contributors to executives.
- Excellent judgment and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to identify and use the most efficient and effective legal resources to complete the work in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Comfortable and adept at balancing risk and opportunity; ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- A hard worker but laid back and down to earth.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and handle multiple projects and priorities efficiently in a rapidly changing environment.
- Passionate dedication to responsively servicing the needs of the other employees of the company who are the “customers” of the legal department.
- Great teammate who works well with others.
- Ability to work with a great deal of autonomy required; you are willing to roll up your sleeves and do your own grunt work – no admins in the company and no prima donnas either.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion, diversity and pro-bono service and/or community involvement.
- Sense of humor and ability to not take yourself too seriously.