Our client, Lucid Motors, is seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel.
About Lucid Motors: Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Role: Lucid is looking for an experienced, talented and energetic Senior Corporate Counsel to join their expanding Legal team! This position will report to the Associate General Counsel of Corporate and Securities, Benjamin Uy, and you will work on a broad range of corporate and securities matters and provide effective, business-focused legal advice to stakeholders throughout Lucid on a daily basis.
- Serve as a key driver of a wide range of corporate initiatives at Lucid, including securities law compliance and filings (10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, and Section 16 reporting), subsidiary management, corporate governance, board/committee and stockholder matters, stock exchange matters, earnings releases, compliance and related policies, mergers and acquisitions, corporate and tax structuring, and equity administration
- Advise company leadership and cross-functional teams throughout the organization on complex legal issues and risks and guide to successful resolution
- Shape and improve the legal processes that enable both legal and business functions to scale effectively
- Assist other teams with projects on an as-needed basis
- 7+ years of experience practicing corporate and securities law required, including 5+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm
- In-house experience at a public company is a plus
- Degree from top-tier law school
- Member of the California bar in good standing
- Rock solid foundation working on public company corporate and securities matters; must have experience with SEC filings; bonus points for experience with subsidiary formation and maintenance, compensation and benefits matters, including tax and related accounting treatment, accounting and audit processes, and/or cutting edge corporate governance issues
- Resourceful self-starter with excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Adept at thinking creatively (and strategically!) on your feet; proven ability to manage complex workloads, multiple stakeholder demands and ever-shifting priorities all while instilling confidence
- Responsiveness, sense of humor, positive attitude, and a willingness to dive into new areas