Our client, a leading enterprise software company, is searching for an outstanding Senior Corporate Counsel – Commercial Transactions. This person will join a growing legal team in downtown San Francisco and support strong worldwide sales/business development clients. The ideal candidate is extremely organized and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. If you are passionate about technology and excited to make an impact to the company’s growth, we would like to hear from you.
- Draft and negotiate customer and partner subscription and consulting agreements for SaaS offerings, as well as supplier and procurement agreements.
- Participate and drive in the development of contract templates, best practice processes, playbooks and automation across the entire contracts lifecycle.
- Support and provide training to Sales and other key stakeholders in managing deal-related matters and projects.
- Liaise with finance, sales operations, and other business units for approval of contractual terms and conditions on specific areas of expertise.
- Coordinate across business lines to keep current on business activities and future plans; advise business partners in the implementation of legal and applicable regulatory requirements and ensure implementation.
- 5-10 years of relative experience focused on technology transactions at a top law firm and/or in-house (a combination of both is a plus). Admitted into and in good standing with the California or other state bar.
- Experience supporting all areas of the business by drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, specifically strong experience with SaaS and Partner agreements.
- Experience supporting a global sales organization, with a client-centric approach to resolve deals with a calm demeanor.
- Background in handling/creating contract lifecycle management, new templates, and sales training.
- Strong understanding of CA commercial law, contract fundamentals and business/product-related legal issues, including risk shifting,
- Intellectual property, global data privacy and data security principles and revenue-recognition issues (particularly as it relates to SaaS) is preferred.
- Comfortable in and enjoys interacting with sales, company leadership, and other stakeholders on deal-related matters, projects, and training
- Ability to quickly triage issues and prioritize work effectively.
- Dedicated and able to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and lead multi-dimensional projects.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.