Our client, a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation, is seeking a highly qualified commercial counsel to join their Legal team. Reporting to the General Counsel, this individual will perform a broad range of legal work, with a focus on supporting the sales and alliances organizations on commercial engagements
This is primarily a commercial role, but individual will also be able to broaden their experience through ownership of legal support of other areas of the company’s business such as IP (patents, open source, etc.), Employment & Disputes, or Compliance and Corporate/Securities.
Candidates must have the proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-¬paced environment.
- Draft, analyze, negotiate and complete complex commercial transactions with the company’s enterprise customers and strategic partners.
- Support General Counsel, and advise members of management on various issues within assigned areas.
- Collaborate with the product, sales and services teams to achieve key business objectives.
- Assist to improve and implement use of templates, “playbooks,” and policies.
Two positions available:
- 10+ years related experience with 2+ years at a premier law firm a plus.
- 5-10 years related experience with 2+ years at a premier law firm a plus.
- JD from top law school; Active membership in at least one U.S. State bar.
- Deep substantive knowledge of enterprise software, SaaS, PaaS and other software licensing and distribution, strategic alliances, channel sales and distribution models; IP and open source a plus.
- International experience needed.
- Ability to juggle and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Crisp and precise verbal and written communication and skills.
- Analytically-minded with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Motivated self-starter able to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across diverse teams.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of personalities and operating styles.
- Ability to pivot; strategic thinker.
- Must possess a strong moral compass and will understand the importance of ethics in business.