C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Suite provides comprehensive services to build enterprise-scale AI applications more efficiently and cost-effectively than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, data-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at: www.c3.ai.
Due to their continued growth, C3 AI is seeking an outstanding Senior Corporate Counsel to join their impressive Legal team. Reporting to the General Counsel, you will perform a broad range of legal work, with a focus on supporting the sales and alliances organizations on commercial engagements, as well as advise members of management on various issues within assigned areas. (Prefer in-office 4-days a week/Relocation available)
For the right candidate, C3 AI is open to different backgrounds such as litigation, M&A, Federal contracts, etc., and will train the right individual on commercial matters.
While commercial responsibility will be primary, you would have the opportunity to broaden your experience through ownership of legal support of other areas of C3.ai’s business. For example, in addition to supporting commercial efforts, the ideal candidate would also have experience and interest in taking on additional responsibilities, including Product Counseling, Privacy, Litigation Management, Employment & Disputes, Compliance and Corporate/Securities.
Candidates must have the proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-‐paced environment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Draft, analyze, negotiate and complete complex commercial transactions with the company’s enterprise customers and strategic partners.
- Collaborate with the product, sales and services teams to achieve key business objectives.
- Assist to improve and implement use of templates, “playbooks,” and policies.
- Assist the General Counsel and Legal team on other legal matters as they arise.
- JD from top law school; Active membership in at least one U.S. State bar.
- 5+ years related experience, including experience at a premier law firm.
- Experience with enterprise software, SaaS, PaaS and other software licensing and distribution, strategic alliances, channel sales and distribution models, intellectual property and open source a definite plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must be a motivated self-starter able to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across diverse teams.
- Substantive knowledge of enterprise software, SaaS, PaaS and other software licensing and distribution, strategic alliances, channel sales and distribution models, intellectual property and open source a plus.
- C3 AI is a culture of “doers.” Employees at all levels are willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. The incoming candidate is a team player who embodies those ideals and doesn’t hesitate to jump in and solve difficult problems.
- Ability to juggle and manage multiple priorities. Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- A high-energy individual who inspires others through clarity and conviction of a shared vision.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of personalities and operating styles. This person has exceptional interpersonal skills and keen self-awareness.
- Someone with crisp, precise verbal and written communication and skills who is capable of delivering data-driven messages to the executive team and other internal and external constituents.
- A hard-working individual who leads from the front.
- A dynamic, adaptable individual capable of pivoting quickly. While this person needs to be hands-on, s/he is equally capable of taking a step back to ensure other team members are executing towards greater strategic goals.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong moral compass and will understand the importance of ethics in business. Authentic integrity comes naturally for strong leaders; C3 AI believes this is an essential attribute for every employee at the company.
C3 AI has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct this search. Any resumes sent directly to C3 AI will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Kathleen Britschgi (email@example.com) at Kerwin Associates.