Our client, a telecommunications company, is seeking a Senior Corporate Counsel to join their legal team. This person will handle a high-volume of complex legal agreements and report directly to the General Counsel.
- Focus on transactional legal work with opportunities to step outside commercial matters.
- Understand company’s business, services and internal systems.
- Demonstrate ability to proactively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Prioritize workload based on value of business, while working to meet deadlines.
- Strong business acumen and capability to develop creative solutions to difficult legal challenges.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, vendors, and stakeholders.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school with high academic credentials.
- Admission to practice in at least one state in the U.S. and member in good standing in that state.
- 5-7 years of attorney experience in a law firm and/or an in-house legal department.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, hungry to learn, highly organized, detail oriented, responsive, and can work independently as well as part of a dynamic team.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Salesforce, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to provide sound, clear legal advice to stakeholders in a sales-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and efficient work habits.
- Perform well under pressure under tight deadlines with attention to details.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
The estimated annual base salary for this position is $150,000 - $200,000. This position is also eligible for participation in discretionary bonus and equity programs.