Our client, the leading networking solutions company helping power today’s work from home environment, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced and personable attorney to join their team. This role will operate within a very collaborative, highly performing and inclusive legal team that delivers world-class legal services to the company and to business partners.
- Identify and mitigate risk while structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements including sales-related (customer/distributor-facing), procurement-related (outbound, supplier-facing), partner-related (inbound licensing), reseller, channel, and consumer.
- Provide legal support to the company’s sales, marketing, operations and product teams and liaise with all necessary cross-functional business clients on such agreements.
- Create and maintain template agreements and refine contract processes and forms.
- Support the Legal team in developing, implementing and enforcing legal and compliance policies.
- Assist in other matters such as data and consumer privacy matters, as appropriate.
- Work cross-functionally within the company to influence and create actionable initiatives and reduce legal risk.
- Perform other relevant duties and tasks as requested or necessary.
In addition, you will receive great mentorship and have the opportunity to diversify your practice, gain exposure to a wide variety of legal issues, and take ownership of other legal areas within the nimble legal team. This is a rare opportunity to join a well-established but dynamic company and be part of a highly respected group within the company.
- JD degree from a nationally recognized ABA accredited law school.
- Member in good standing of the California State Bar.
- 5-10 years’ experience working in commercial, technology, and/or transactional matters, ideally a combination of law firm and in-house experience, but we will consider both law firm and in-house candidates.
- Strong and clear verbal/written communication skills with an ability to speak “non-lawyer” with business partners throughout the company.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible, to think strategically and to balance legal risks against business concerns plus have a practical, common sense approach to problem solving.
- Possess high integrity, ethics, a good attitude, and a strong & persuasive personality with demonstrated ability to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and build enduring relationships.
- Willingness to learn and work on a broad variety of areas.
- Ability to work independently or within a team as required, including as part of cross-functional and cross-border teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to identify and use the most efficient and effective legal resources to complete the work in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- A hard worker but laid back and down to earth.
- Passionate dedication to responsively servicing the needs of the other employees at the company who are the “customers” of the legal department.
- Ability to work with a great deal of autonomy required; you are willing to roll up your sleeves and do your own grunt work – no admins in the company and no prima donnas either.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion, diversity and pro-bono service and/or community involvement.
- Sense of humor and ability to not take yourself too seriously.