Our client, a pre-IPO SaaS company with an interactive guidance and engagement platform, is looking for a Senior Commercial Counsel to join their legal team. Reporting to the General Counsel, you will manage complex commercial transactions, specifically negotiating enterprise-level SaaS agreements. This is a great opportunity to help scale the existing commercial legal team in a mission-driven company! This role offers exposure to many different issues and room for growth.
- Work directly with the company’s Sales Organization to negotiate and close a variety of commercial agreements to support customer sales.
- Primary focus will be on SaaS subscription agreements, software licenses, professional services agreements, data processing agreements, and NDAs.
- Provide practical guidance and advice to support the company’s needs that balances goals and legal risk, taking into account company policies and positions.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant industry, commercial, open source, IP, privacy, employment, and other laws, regulations, and developments to give effective advice.
- JD from an accredited US law school and Bar admission; good standing in at least one state.
- 5-15 years of experience working as a commercial legal counsel for a fast-growing company; law firm training a plus.
- SaaS knowledge/experience required and depth negotiating and drafting enterprise level agreements.
- A positive negotiator who can lead the process, focus on important issues, and bring deals to a favorable close.
- Comfortable negotiating data privacy agreements, including a working knowledge of GDPR and CCPA as they relate to commercial contracts is a plus.
- Excellent legal and business knowledge with the ability both to assess relevant/material risks quickly and to communicate those risks to collaborators in non-legal speak.
- Collaborative, positive, service-minded; must work independently.