Kerwin executes legal and compliance searches for the most transformative organizations, from tech-focused startups seeking rapid growth to established industry disruptors. A women-owned, search firm, we focus on building legal and compliance teams. We are a small, collaborative team that focuses on results, transparency and client services.
We are currently seeking a Recruiting Assistant to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of recruiting experience (sourcing or recruiting coordination) at a recruiting agency, executive search firm or high growth technology company. We are looking for a highly-motivated and detail-oriented individual who is passionate about building their career in recruiting.
- Assistant will partner and assist lead Recruiters in all aspects of search process: business development initiatives, managing the execution and direction of research, search strategy development, job description creation, candidate development, and candidate interview scheduling.
- Assists recruiter to develop job description and a focused search strategy. Continually refines search strategy based on client calls or recruiter feedback.
- Gathers information from Client/Recruiter, industry research and sources to gain comprehensive understanding of the client, industry and the job requirements and compile information into a fact sheet.
- Calls or messages prospective candidates and sources to elicit interest in the opportunity, obtain referrals, and/or collect market feedback.
- Conducts phone interviews to qualify prospective candidates against client’s needs and requirements.
- Maintains candidate pipelines/status reports/market feedback for presentation to the Recruiter/Client.
- Schedule candidate Zoom interviews with the client and/or the lead recruiters.
- Researches and identifies prospective candidates through targeted company research, industry sources, relevant prior searches and internal database.
- Collaborating closely with Recruiter in Business Development initiatives by identifying target companies, current hiring needs and maintaining relationships with existing clients.
- Maintain our candidate database (Thrive).
- Builds strong relationships and good rapport with candidates and stays aware of legal talent broadly.
- Assist with other firm-wide initiatives as needed.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a business environment; a focus on recruiting, sourcing or coordination is a plus.
- Personal and business maturity that leads to treating people with respect and making confident and rational business decisions.
- Ability to manage a demanding search load, balance multiple tasks and switch gears while maintaining priorities.
- Ability to develop strong relationships to build an industry network.
- Demonstrate initiative, sense of humor and work hard to achieve goals within tight timelines.
- Ability and willingness to learn, take feedback and maintain a sense of pride in their work and work product.
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point). Thrive/CRM experience is a plus.
- Must be eager and willing to learn.