We are currently seeking an experienced Recruiter to join Kerwin’s growing team. In this role, you will focus on creating and driving a proactive, strategic search strategy for our clients. You will collaborate with Kerwin’s internal team to execute on legal and compliance search work. You will partner with clients directly to identify, attract and hire exceptional talent. You are a trusted partner who delivers a consistent, scalable and amazing recruiting experience throughout the candidate journey. You build fantastic candidate relationships and approach your work from an authentic, honest and genuine place.
About Kerwin: Kerwin, a premier, woman-owned search firm, executes legal and compliance searches for the most transformative organizations, from tech-focused startups seeking rapid growth to established industry disruptors. With deep roots and history in Silicon Valley, our firm specializes in placing dynamic talent at all levels of legal and compliance. Clients choose Kerwin’s approach because of our functional depth, innate knowledge of the talent landscape, and our ability to unlock and hire phenomenal talent.
- Executive Search Expert: Lead end-to-end leadership-level search engagements from inception of candidate contact to close, including research, engagement strategies, candidate experience, negotiations, and communicating status to all parties along the way.
- Talent Assessment: Conduct thoughtful and sophisticated candidate interviews that methodically surface a candidate’s full range of capabilities, explore their aspirations and gain penetrating insights into their readiness to perform in the targeted role, and assess how efficiently they would match the Client’s mission, culture and needs.
- Relationship Builder: Cultivate trust-based relationships with candidates, gaining a close understanding of their requirements and concerns. Serve as a skilled problem solver, facilitator and coach in final negotiations.
- Stakeholder Management: Effectively partner with external hiring managers by presenting. Develop a close rapport in order to advise clients on market insights, candidate compensation expectations, and any other necessary information needed to conduct the search process.
- Business Development: Effectively build relationships with clients in order to drive repeat business to the firm. Over time, this recruiter will be responsible for their own business development efforts for the firm.
- Strategic Thinker: Define, craft and implement leadership recruiting programs and search engagements for a variety of senior leadership roles. This includes understanding and mapping the talent landscape, internal calibration and referrals, and matching those data points with the external talent supply.
- Attention to detail: Gather and maintain accurate market and candidate information to facilitate both the search process and our overarching market intelligence goals. Build and maintain talent landscape as well as legal industry knowledge information.
- Trusted Advisor: Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight. Ability to maximize relationships, build trust, communicate effectively is required to analyze HR issues and provide information, direction and advice as described.
- Prioritization: Outstanding planning, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are essential. Able to meet multiple deadlines and challenging priorities within restricted timeframes is required. Superb communication skills, and ability to build relationships with client groups is essential, and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to learn: Passionate about staying abreast of technology industry and legal/compliance functional news and updates.
- Firm Growth and Planning: Partner with Founder and Recruiters to identify long term talent and capabilities needed to deliver the business strategy and long-term growth at Kerwin.
- 5-10 years of talent acquisition experience at either a recruiting agency or in-house recruiting team.
- Minimum of 3+ years partnering with Director + hiring managers and 3+ years of closing experience.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic talent mapping and networking.
- Experience creating talent acquisition-related strategies (strategic sourcing, inclusive hiring initiatives, selling difficult opportunities).
- Experience working on searches that require research, sourcing, cold-calling and limited inbound interest.
- Strong communicator with previous demonstrated experience interacting with business leaders and executives.
- Ability to handle ambiguity with ease.
- Superb judgment and integrity, including a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work both tactically and strategically to get business needs met.
- Have a bias for simplification and action.
- Proven attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities is a must, along with the ability to problem-solve when appropriate.
- Strong negotiation skills and a deep understanding of the compensation landscape.