Zoom has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for a Product Counsel. Any resumes sent directly to Zoom will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Maddie Payne (email@example.com).
Zoom’s mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that unifies users’ meeting experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever. The company is the world leader in video communications. Hundreds of thousands of businesses turn to Zoom for video and web collaboration.
Zoom is looking for a Product Counsel to join our rapidly growing legal team. Reporting directly to the Senior Counsel of Product, Meetings & Webinars, this person will join the dynamic and innovative Product Legal Team. The Product Legal Team helps drives the digital agenda for Zoom through proactive client engagement throughout the product life cycle. We advise our business teams on how to design, build, release, and market Zoom’s products and services with a focus on privacy, security, and our customers’ success. Zoom’s mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that unifies your meeting experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever. The company is the world leader in video communications. Hundreds of thousands of businesses turn to Zoom for video and web collaboration.
- Be an integral part of the product legal function for Zoom.
- Partner with product teams to understand product, engineering, design, and operational implications of new products and initiatives, with specific emphasis on Zoom’s core Meetings & Webinars offering.
- Advise multiple stakeholders across product, engineering, marketing, and business development throughout the product development cycle on new products and the implementation of technological solutions.
- Understand and stay up to date on U.S. and international laws and regulations related to Zoom’s meeting and webinar services, and ability to explain complex legal issues in basic terms for the company.
- Provide pragmatic day to day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives.
- Review, draft and negotiate all types of agreements–including inbound, outbound, infrastructure, and partnership agreements.
- Design, build, and improve legal department processes to keep up with hyper growth.
- 4 plus years relevant experience; admitted to the California Bar.
- In-house experience at a technology company with product counsel at SaaS company strongly preferred.
- Significant experience supporting and managing matters of escalation in addition to fulfilling primary job responsibilities, with the ability to quickly issue spot and appropriately prioritize risk and outcomes.
- Strong collaboration skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams and build consensus among stakeholders.
- Passion to work in an ego-free mutually supportive team environment with an attitude to deliver happiness.
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multi-task in a fast-paced environment, adjust to rapidly changing priorities, and drive strategic projects to successful delivery with requisite velocity.
- Sense of humor, strong sense of empathy, perspicacity, excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently.
- Experience supporting product teams across multiple areas of subject matter expertise a plus.
- Growth mindset: every new challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow.