Our client, a fast growing fintech company in Silicon Valley, is searching for an experienced Product Counsel to support and advise the company’s product and business teams.
- Partner with innovators on technology development initiatives and work closely with the company’s product teams to deliver customer-oriented product solutions.
- Manage legal risk, ensuring regulatory compliance, and building scalable growth for the company in the highly regulated fintech space.
- Review new products and initiatives, from early stages of development through launch, to assess legal compliance and provide practical legal risk mitigation strategies.
- Partner with product teams to understand product, engineering, design, and operational implications of new products and initiatives.
- Provide legal guidance across many subject areas including data protection and privacy laws, consumer protection laws, etc.
- Coordinate and collaborate on cross-functional teams to ensure consistent implementation of legal guidance and alignment on risk.
- Draft clear and concise terms of service, privacy notices, legal disclosures and disclaimers, product policies, and disclosures, and implement related processes.
- Stay up-to-date and keep stakeholders advised on laws, regulations and trends relevant to technology, financial services and payments, money services businesses, data protection and privacy, advertising and marketing, and consumer protection.
- JD from a top law school with exceptional academic credentials.
- 2+ years’ in-house experience advising at software or technology companies
- Experience counseling product development through the entire product lifecycle, and/or experience working closely with product management teams, designers, and engineers.
- Experience advising on compliance and regulatory regulations and requirements applicable to money services businesses and digital payments.
- CIPP/US and/or CIPP/E Certification and/or deep understanding of complex global data privacy laws and principles, including the GDPR, Privacy Shield, GLBA, and CCPA.