Our client, an exciting, fast-growing advertising technology startup, seeks an outstanding privacy attorney to lead the privacy function for the company. We are seeking a smart, innovative and creative thinker to identify, advise and drive privacy needs as the company continues to expand its market leadership role as the world’s largest independent ad exchange.
In this role, you will be engaged on many cutting-edge privacy issues as they relate to company’s product and engineering initiatives. You will also have a seat at the table and contribute to the product vision by applying your expertise on privacy and other important areas of law such as GDPR, CCPA, and COPPA.
- Develop and implement privacy-by-design, including advising product and technical teams on data storage retention rules, access controls and other appropriate technical and organizational measures.
- Identify privacy needs and advise functional teams as to upcoming legal impacts, new policies and privacy laws.
- Work alongside product team as they develop new products and provide input and guidance on the different initiatives as well as permission workflow and management of end-user consents across different supply channels.
- Design and implement a new consent management framework.
- Evaluate new cookie collection and syncing methods, including 1st-party cookie collection and publisher cookie-syncing.
- Draft new contractual language relating to privacy compliance and risk allocation.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders including product, marketing, marketplace quality and support teams.
- Law Degree from top-tier law school.
- 6+ years of legal experience at a law firm and or in-house with an emphasis on privacy matters; prior in-house experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to dive deep into all products and assess/audit privacy practices.
- Strong command of GDPR, COPPA and all other related acronyms.
- Ability to communicate legal theories and principles in a clear and concise manner and translate those principles into products and action items.
- Analytical, creative problem solver motivated by company and client success.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong desire to apply legal acumen to product and engineering vision.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels and business units.
- Willingness to collaborate and interact with others to solve problems.