Our Client, Zoom, is in search of a Healthcare Privacy Counsel. Zoom’s mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that unifies users’ meeting experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever. The company is the world leader in video communications. Hundreds of thousands of businesses turn to Zoom for video and web collaboration.
Reporting directly to the Associate General Counsel, Privacy Programs, the ideal candidate will partner closely with the legal and compliance teams in handling privacy matters as well scaling Zoom’s privacy programs.
- Assist Zoom’s privacy and data protection team with development, maintenance and enhancement of Zoom’s global privacy program, including preparing, maintaining related documentation and record-keeping.
- Partner with the existing privacy legal team to build and scale Zoom’s privacy function.
- Advise on all aspects of US healthcare and education privacy laws and regulations, including HIPPA and HITECH, FERPA, CMIA, GDPR, COPPA, and state breach notification laws.
- Support the product, commercial and regulatory teams with tailored advice on privacy and data protection law, bearing in mind privacy by design and privacy by default principles.
- Collaborate closely with talented engineers to implement and improve Zoom’s privacy, data protection and data minimization tooling.
- Participate as a proactive business partner to senior managers and build a trusted advisor relationship.
- 7+ years of direct experience as a privacy counsel.
- In-house experience strongly preferred in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Qualified to practice law in California or in your state of residence.
- Substantive previous experience with HIPPA and education privacy laws, a must.
- Strong analytical and problem-resolution, including ability to balance legal risks.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams and build consensus among stakeholders
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment.
- Growth mindset: every new challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow.
Zoom has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for a Privacy Counsel, Healthcare and Education. Any resumes sent directly to Zoom will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Maddie Payne (Maddie@kerwin.com).