Our client, a global e-commerce company, is seeking a Privacy Counsel to play a key role in supporting their Privacy team.
- Support the global privacy team in managing data privacy risks.
- Draft and negotiate data processing agreements with partners, service providers, and other third parties
- Conduct Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) and Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) on processing activities involving the collection, processing & disclosure of personal information
- Provide general privacy advice, including advising on employee-related privacy obligations
- Advise legal and business/product organizations on privacy issues and practical privacy considerations, including the development and implementation of a formal product compliance review process
- Support key elements of the company’s privacy program, including identifying applicable regulatory or legal privacy risks associated with new laws, conducting gap assessments, and advising on appropriate controls, risk mitigation options, and compliance strategies.
- Support the Global Privacy Champion Program and manage cross-functional privacy-related projects
- Advise on employee-privacy related obligations and support handling of employee privacy-related requests (such as access and deletion requests)
- Support privacy incident assessment and response as needed
- Work closely with the global privacy team that is innovative, dynamic, and has a “risk-based approach” and a can-do attitude.
- Bring solutions, innovation, and be ready to put your stamp on a highly respected and mature privacy program.
- JD or foreign equivalent, 2+ years of privacy-related work experience, and membership in a U.S. State Bar
- Specific experience working with, and knowledge of, privacy laws applicable to businesses, such as CCPA, CPRA, GDPR, LGPD, PIPEDA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, as well as other U.S. state and federal privacy and data security and global data protection laws
- Experience working cross-functionally and partnering with legal, business, information security, human resources, data governance, risk management, and engineering teams
- Experience giving timely and practical privacy advice in a global organization
- Experience advising on employee-related privacy matters preferred
- Ability to support urgent matters and collaborate on time-sensitive legal obligations as needs arise
- Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- Additional privacy certifications (CIPM, CIPP/T, or CIPP/E) would be an optional benefit