Our client, a global technology company, is in search of a Privacy Counsel to join their dynamic legal team.
- Develop a deep functional understanding of the Company’s data assets and information flows across the company.
- Build strong partnerships across groups including legal, compliance, technical infrastructure, product management, sales and marketing and internal audit.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of global privacy regulations and provide effective and appropriate legal advice.
- Continue to develop and maintain the Company’s global privacy program taking a proactive approach to impending or changing regulations.
- Respond to inquiries from global, federal and state regulators working closely with data protection authorities and policymakers.
- Continue the Company’s commitment to developing sustainable and scalable approaches to complex privacy and data-security issues.
- Conduct detailed risk and privacy impact assessments in addition to regular internal audits and monitoring.
- Develop and implement program to facilitate compliance with U.S. and international data privacy and personal information collection rules, regulations and standards, including the EU Privacy Shield and the GDPR.
- Assist with managing outside counsel advice for global privacy projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; CIPP preferred
- JD degree and membership in at least one state bar preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant privacy experience, including prior in-house or law firm experience.
- Familiarity and interest in new media and emerging digital technologies.
- Ability to work across teams and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strategic thinker with excellent legal and business judgment.
- A detail-oriented, business-friendly team player who can think creatively.
- Strong understanding and experience with international privacy laws.
- Desire to learn, excellent judgment, fun spirit and sense of humor.