Kerwin builds diverse legal and compliance teams for the most transformative organizations, from tech-focused startups seeking rapid growth to established industry disruptors. With deep roots and history in Silicon Valley, our firm specializes in placing diverse, dynamic talent at all levels across the nation. Clients choose Kerwin’s approach because of our functional depth, innate knowledge of the talent landscape, and our ability to unlock and hire phenomenal talent.
As a Principal, Lead Recruiter at Kerwin you will play an integral role in identifying and attracting top legal talent for our clients. You will be responsible for managing the full-cycle recruitment process, from sourcing candidates to closing placements. Your expertise in the legal field, combined with your strong networking and relationship building skills, will allow you to excel in this role.
- Manages and executes full-cycle legal and compliance searches from kickoff to close while providing excellent client and candidate experience.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their legal staffing needs and develop recruitment strategies accordingly. Gather information from Client, industry research and sources to gain comprehensive understanding of the Client Company, industry and the position requirements.
- Researches and identifies prospective candidates through targeted company research, industry sources, relevant prior searches and internal sources. Places calls to prospective candidates and sources to elicit interest in the opportunity, obtain referrals, and/or collect market feedback.
- Conducts in-depth interviews to qualify prospective candidates against position requirements and key competencies.
- Responsible for presenting qualified candidates to clients, including writing candidate assessments for presentation to the Client.
- Builds strong relationships and good rapport with candidates, clients and search professionals. Understands the talent marketplace and search landscape.
- Uses network and historical relationships to foster existing relationships and business, develop new relationships and bring in new business for the firm.
- Conduct references checks and verify qualifications of candidates.
- Keep Kerwin team up to date on relevant trends and challenges in the marketplace with regard to business development activities and general market intelligence.
- Maintains the accuracy, quality and integrity of all search information in the Thrive, Kerwin’s database.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 6+ years as a legal recruiter or G&A recruiter at an agency or at a technology company; 4+ years experience managing full-cycle searches at the Director+ level.
- Strong knowledge of the legal industry, including various practice areas, law firms, and corporate legal departments.
- Prior experience as a legal recruiter at an agency is a requirement.
- Brings an already established network of legal professionals as well as talent professionals.
- Proven ability to negotiate and close highly complex deals.
- Experience mentoring and providing guidance to Recruiting Associates and/or Recruiting Analysts.
- Deep understanding of excellent search processes with a passion for bringing innovative ideas to the table to continually better Kerwin.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Personal Attributes & Competencies:
- Innate interest in the legal, technology and venture community. Intellectually curious by nature.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: thinks like a business owner and creative problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills: articulate, persuasive and able to communicate difficult and complex matters in a straightforward, transparent manner.
- Impeccable writing skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, detailed planning and project management skills. Detail-oriented without losing track of the big picture.
- Possesses the ability to maintain professionalism and honesty while building credibility, trust, and respect with both internal and external clients and customers.
- Proactive and self-motivated with a strong work ethic. Action bias with a strong sense of urgency.
- Tenacious: does not give up until results are achieved.
- Strong intellectual capacity: a continuous learner, highly analytical, good conceptual thinking skills.
- Personal maturity, good judgment and adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards.
This is a hybrid role in the Bay Area. Kerwin is in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Redwood City. Stellar on-point remote candidates with networks in other geographies will also be considered. Compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience and competitive with the market.