Our client, Zoom, is looking for a Marketing Compliance Counsel to join their rapidly growing legal team. This person will join the dynamic and innovative Compliance Legal Team and partner closely with the legal, compliance, and business teams in handling various legal matters as well as scaling Zoom’s compliance programs.
Zoom’s mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that unifies users’ meeting experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever. The company is the world leader in video communications. Hundreds of thousands of businesses turn to Zoom for video and web collaboration.
- Partner with attorneys from the product and privacy legal teams to provide front line counseling to marketing teams on applicable international, federal and state laws governing marketing and solicitation practices.
- Set standards for appropriate company and product marketing communications and partner with product and other business teams to ensure accuracy and compliance with consumer protection requirements, including Section 5 of the FTC Act.
- Advise marketing and product teams on implementing marketing channels and solutions in compliance with TCPA, FTC Act and accompanying regulations, GDPR, ePrivacy Directive, and other relevant laws.
- Set standards for managing nuanced public perception risks attendant to external facing communications with a focus on professionalism, candor and integrity.
- Provide pragmatic day-to-day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives in an extremely fast-paced and complex environment.
- Design, build, and improve legal department processes to meet the demands of the business’ hyper growth trajectory.
- Oversee and manage outside counsel, as needed, including budget planning and management.
- Approach legal issues with a business-first mindset.
- 7+ years relevant experience; admitted to the Bar.
- Experience focused on counseling global marketing teams on consumer protection, privacy, and other laws and regulations relevant to marketing activities.
- Experience with FTC Act and regulation strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate claims and marketing communications relating to technical platforms and data, security and privacy practices.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams and build consensus among stakeholders and leadership.
- Passion to work in collaborative team environment with an attitude to deliver happiness.
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multi-task, adjust to rapidly changing priorities, and drive strategic projects to successful delivery.
- Sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently.
- Significant experience collaborating with and training other attorneys in an in-house technology company environment strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting product management and product marketing teams across multiple areas of subject matter expertise a plus.
- Ability to quickly issue spot and appropriately prioritize risk and outcomes a must.
- Growth mindset: every new challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow.
Zoom has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates on this search. Any resumes sent directly to Zoom will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Maddie Payne Murray (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Krithi Byadgi (email@example.com).