Our client, Lucid Motors, is looking for an experienced attorney to join our legal team and support vehicle regulatory compliance, including counseling, oversight and reporting under state and federal rules and regulations.
About Lucid Motors: Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
- Advise Lucid engineers, technical staff, government relations staff, and management on laws and regulations applicable to battery electric vehicles, including FMVSS, NHTSA regulations, NCAP, other state and federal requirements, and equivalent EU and international regulations
- Prepare, review, and submit regulatory filings and related documents, including TREAD Act and other reports
- Monitor and review proposed laws and regulations, and assist with Lucid’s comments and lobbying efforts
- Represent Lucid before federal and state authorities, agencies, administrative tribunals, and courts in regulatory matters
- Counsel Lucid stakeholders on products liability and complex litigation risks
- Draft, review, and negotiate legal and strategic agreements
- Assist the development and implementation of strategies, policies, procedures, and training for vehicle regulatory compliance and continuous improvement
- Partner with business teams to provide advice and creative solutions to complex problems and identify legal requirements and best practices
- Work seamlessly and collaboratively within the legal team and as a legal business partner to multiple internal business stakeholders
- Minimum of 8 years of substantive legal experience as regulatory compliance counsel to an automotive manufacturer in a corporate legal department, government agency, or reputable law firm
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively relay complex information in a concise format
- Practical business judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects
- Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful, and taking on additional responsibility.
- Law degree (J.D.) from ABA-accredited institution
- Eligible to practice law in California
Our client, Lucid Motors has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for a Managing Counsel, Regulatory Compliance. Any resumes sent directly to Lucid Motors will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Anne Kerwin Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jamie Walsh (email@example.com).