Our client, Lucid is looking for an experienced corporate & securities attorney to join our legal team. This role will support Lucid’s business leaders and stakeholders in the management and handling of corporate and securities matters.
Our client, Lucid Motors has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for a Managing Counsel, Corporate & Securities. Any resumes sent directly to Lucid Motors will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Maddie Payne (email@example.com) or Jamie Walsh (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Advise the company on corporate governance matters, financings, mergers and acquisitions, and related matters
- Prepare, review, and file regulatory filings and related documents, including SEC filings and reports, proxy statements, registration statements, and other filings when required
- Assist in drafting and reviewing other public disclosures and corporate communications, including earnings releases, press releases, etc.
- Assist in monitoring, maintaining, and implementing various corporate governance practices and policies
- Assist with implementation and evaluation of Sarbanes-Oxley controls
- Assist on strategic transactions and due diligence on various projects
- Provide legal advice and support on corporate maintenance activities for company operations
- Advise our business teams on laws and regulations relating to corporate governance, securities compliance, and related topics
- Counsel managers on regulatory and compliance matters
- Prepare and file government reports
- Partner with business teams to provide advice and creative solutions to complex problems
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures, and training
- Work seamlessly and collaboratively within the legal team and as a legal business partner to multiple internal business stakeholders
- 8+ years of substantive corporate governance, securities compliance, securities offerings, SEC/SOX compliance, and/or mergers and acquisitions experience with a corporate legal department or law firm
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively relay complex information in a concise format
- Practical business judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects
- Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful, and taking on additional responsibility.
- Law degree (J.D.) from ABA-accredited institution
- Eligible to practice law in California