Our client, Lucid Motors has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for a Managing Counsel, Commercial. Any resumes sent directly to Lucid Motors will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Anne Kerwin Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About Lucid Motors: Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Role: Lucid is looking for an experienced commercial attorney to join their legal team. Reporting to the General Counsel, this role will support Lucid’s business leaders and stakeholders in the management and handling of commercial legal matters.
- Advise the company on supply agreements for parts and raw materials, license/ technology agreements, equipment purchase and lease agreements, and other transactional documents.
- Negotiate and draft agreements for procurement of various goods, equipment, and services.
- Assist on strategic transactions and due diligence on various projects
- Advise clients on strategic sourcing and negotiation best practices
- Resolve issues in existing commercial relationship and support dispute resolution efforts
- Advise our business teams on laws and regulations relating to commercial law, trade, logistics, and related topics
- Collaborate with teams and stakeholders across the business, including procurement, sales, finance, tax, logistics, and risk.
- Partner with business teams to provide advice and creative solutions to complex problems
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures, and training
- Work seamlessly and collaboratively within the legal team and as a legal business partner to multiple internal business stakeholders
- Minimum of 8 years of substantive commercial, trade, logistics, and intellectual property experience with a corporate legal department or law firm
- Proven negotiation, drafting, and analytical skills for various types of commercial contracts including equipment purchase agreements, joint development agreements, non-disclosure agreements, construction agreements, services agreements
- Litigation experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively relay complex information in a concise format
- Practical business judgment
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects
- Proven track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, being resourceful, and taking on additional responsibility.
- Law degree (J.D.) from ABA-accredited institution
- Eligible to practice law in California