Our client, Cardless is seeking a Legal Operations Lead to join their fast-growing Legal/Compliance team working on building custom credit card programs for brands. As a Legal Operations Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the Chief Legal Officer and others within the Department in carrying out the day-to-day operations and ad hoc projects for the Legal/Compliance Department that are needed to sustain a robust legal and compliance program focused on consumer lending.
- Manage legal/compliance cross-functional projects and programs
- Coordinate, maintain and serve as company point of legal/compliance contact for all contract-related matters for partnership agreements, NDAs, third party agreements, vendor contracts, etc.
- Identify operational inefficiencies within the Legal and Compliance functions and create and execute improvement opportunities
- Improve and maintain Legal and Compliance Notion page and create tools for internal stakeholders employees to self-serve legal and compliance issues and questions
- Serve as Cardless’ primary administrator for Legal and Compliance technology solutions including contract management, billing platforms, Notion, e-discovery management and deploying system integrations with company-wide technology
- Provide daily support to Chief Legal Officer
- Take on administrative duties for legal/compliance departments including helping facilitate goal setting, performance evaluations, team building, scheduling etc.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in a legal setting, ideally an in-house legal or compliance department of a high-growth tech company
- Superior organizational and project/program management and execution skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to build, implement and scale legal and compliance operational programs, policies and procedures
- Tech-savvy and readily familiar with Microsoft
Cardless is a fintech startup. Their mission is to make consumer credit more accessible, useful, and engaging, and they do that by partnering with brands to help them launch financial products.
Cardless began with a focus on co-branded credit cards. They've launched cards with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Manchester United, Miami Marlins, and Boston Celtics; with more brands on the way! Their cards are digital-first, consumer-friendly, and tailored to both brands & fans with delightful discounts & rewards.
Cardless is headquartered in San Francisco, but they're building a remote-friendly team across the continental US. They were founded in 2019, and they raised a $40M Series B in 2021. Cardless investors include top VCs like Activant, Accomplice, and Greycroft; founders from successful startups like Plaid, SeatGeek, and FiveStars; and executives from major sports teams like the Boston Celtics and Phoenix Suns.
- Cardless is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with a beautiful office in the Mission District (near Dolores Park). They welcome employees who want to work from this office; they offer additional benefits to those who do (see below), and relocation assistance to those who'd like to.
- They’re also hiring remotely across most of the continental US (excluding AK, CO, and HI) for most roles. Cardless works hard to create a first-class, remote-friendly environment, with an additional benefit for remote employees, too (see below).
- Cardless regularly brings their team together for offsites & trips, about every 2 months, both for fun and for work. They cover all travel & lodging in these cases.
Cardless has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct this search. Any resumes sent directly to Cardless will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Maddie Murray (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Emily Murray (email@example.com) at Kerwin Associates.