Our client, Lucid Motors has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for a Legal Counsel, Commercial Transactions. Any resumes sent directly to Lucid Motors will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Anne Kerwin Payne (email@example.com).
About Lucid Motors: Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Role: Lucid Motors is seeking a highly qualified transactional attorney. Reporting to the Director of Legal, this attorney will assist with and/or manage a broad range of corporate and commercial transactional matters related to the growth of Lucid Motors and collaborate with members of the legal team on strategic initiatives.
- Provide tactical legal advice on automotive commercial matters impacting the company.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements in support of various company department, including confidentiality agreements, master service agreements, Intellectual property development agreements and supplier contracts.
- Negotiate technology software licensing agreements
- Assist with the development of compliance policies and training employees as necessary.
- Partner with business teams to provide advice and creative solutions to complex problems.
- Respond promptly to internal department requests, summarizing and communicating legal risks while allowing a balance of risk that conforms to the company’s business objectives.
- Collaborate with legal team to implement internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
- Tackle complex matters with multiple stakeholders.
- 7+ of experience of transactional legal practice with law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Demonstrate experience with various types of supply agreements for parts and raw materials, license/technology agreements, equipment purchase and lease agreements, and other transactional documents.
- Background or interest in emerging companies and manufacturing companies.
- Experience in software licensing and technology
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the capacity to simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under strict deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to form strong working relationship with employees and partners while maintaining firm adherence to legal standards.
- Responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Sound business judgment and strategic thinking. Flexibility and interest in working on an array of legal matters in order to understand and advise on legal implications of its business strategy.
- Law degree (J.D.) from ABA accredited institution
- Licensed to practice law in California, or eligible to register as in-house counsel with the California State Bar.