Our client, an organization whose initiatives are centered around creating systematic change in education, immigration reform, the environment, cancer research, and other social justice initiatives, is looking for an experienced Paralegal to provide a broad range of support on investment matters related to all stages of their investments in private and public companies, venture capital funds, and other alternative funds. They are seeking colleagues with both the audacity to dream up new ways to improve the world and the determination to make them a reality. The role reports directly to the General Counsel and is based out of their Palo Alto Office.
- As a trusted advisor to the legal team, provide reliable paralegal support on a broad range of investment and corporate matters.
- Manage multiple venture financing and other investment matters alongside one another in a highly detail-oriented fashion.
- Provide expert assistance in stock administration matters and maintenance of capitalization ownership records in portfolio management platforms (e.g., Aumni, ilevel, Addepar).
- Assist with subscription agreement and side letter matters.
- Support back-end investment closing process, including preparation of signature packets, collection of signatures, and preparation of closing wire information.
- Provide support related to general corporate records, handle company formations and corporate and securities filings as necessary.
- Handle confidential information sensitively, with a commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
- Maintain legal records utilizing various tools, such as Google Drive, Box, Carta, Aumni, Ironclad, Asana, and other third-party platforms.
- Seek to improve the team’s processes and interactions to increase efficiency and ensure the highest quality of work product.
- You have 7+ years of direct work experience at a law firm and/or in-house legal department (ideally, a combination of both).
- You have a deep commitment and passion for the mission and values of the organization.
- You are graceful under pressure, flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and accountability over your work and possess unwavering professional ethics and personal integrity.
- You are hungry to learn, curious to ask questions, and take on new tasks with enthusiasm.
- You are familiar with investor-side investment processes and have deep experience in venture financings, capital markets deals, venture capital fund investments, and/or M&A matters.
- You are comfortable with capitalization tables and familiar with option plans and blue sky laws.
- You have experience supporting boards of directors with meeting materials.
- You have the ability to manage multiple matters at once, effectively prioritize tasks, and have excellent time management skills.
Location: You will need to be able to work in the Palo Alto headquarters full-time post-covid.
Compensation: The salary for this role is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. The company offers excellent organizational benefits.