About Asana: Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo.
Asana is looking for a Head of Corporate Legal to join their growing legal team. Based out of San Francisco, this role will focus on corporate governance and securities law compliance and related issues. You will bring your seasoned legal analysis and be able to apply that in a business-oriented, pragmatic mindset to problem solve while delivering understandable legal advice to the business. This is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven company and offers exposure to a wide variety of issues. This role will manage the equity administration manager and reports to Asana’s General Counsel.
Asana has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct this search. Any resumes sent directly to Asana will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Maddie Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Kerwin Associates.
- Develop, maintain and support corporate governance and on-going compliance initiatives in support of Asana’s fast-growth and expansion
- Provide advice, strategic support and education to senior executives and employees about governance, securities, and other corporate matters
- Work closely with the finance and accounting teams and auditors on legal issues relevant to accounting treatment
- Provide support to administration of equity plans
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders across the business, including those within the finance, stock administration, accounting, people operations, and marketing teams
- Stay up-to-date and advise on governance trends and best practices in an evolving regulatory landscape
- Manage outside counsel as needed
- Wear multiple hats depending on the day by providing general legal advice and counsel to our global team
- 10+ years of a combination of law firm and in-house legal work experience
- Experience advising executives and employees about corporate governance, securities and other corporate matters
- In-house public company experience and strong knowledge of ‘33 Act and ‘34 Act requirements a must
- JD from a US law school and member of the California Bar
- Excellent legal and business judgment with the ability both to assess relevant/material risks quickly and to communicate those risks to business partners in non-legal speak
- Track record of taking initiative, having the ability to work independently and ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Great communicator that is comfortable liaising with multiple teams to solve problems
- A sense of humor and the ability to work well with a tight-knit, fast growing team