Our client, a global law firm, is building a practice to represent the San Francisco Bay Area’s CEOs and founders. This is an opportunity to play a key role and get in on the ground floor as they launch this exciting practice. The ideal candidate will have a significant background in and history of counseling companies in the area of Executive Compensation, Employee Benefits and Employment Law.
- Counsel clients on executive compensation and employment law matters, in the context of mergers and acquisitions, financings, and other corporate transactions.
- Provide advice on executive compensation including long-term incentive compensation; deferred compensation; employment, change in control, and severance agreements; and related issues under Internal Revenue Code Sections 280G and 409A.
- Counsels and negotiates employment agreements, noncompete agreements, and separation agreements on behalf of executives and employers.
- Negotiates, organizes and implements,bonus plans, equity compensation plans, deferred compensation arrangements, and change of control agreements for public and private companies and private equity portfolio companies.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 5+years of relevant experience, JD, and an active membership in state bar preferred.
- Experience in a law firm's Executive Compensation or Corporate group supporting M&A deals.
- Experience drafting and negotiating employment agreements, separation agreements and noncompete agreements.
- Extensive knowledge 409a, 280G and tax issues related to equity.
- Experience representing executives or founders a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills.