Our client is in search of an Employment Counsel for their Bay Area office. This attorney will be responsible for all domestic employment issues and will interact directly with Human Resources and other business leaders and units on a daily basis.
- Provide practical and timely support to the business on all domestic employment law matters.
- Focus on recruiting, hiring, training, performance management,compensation, leaves of absence, return to work and accommodation issues,benefits, terminations et al.
- Work collaboratively with legal in addition to building strong relationships with relevant internal groups including HR, internal audit, finance,operations and others.
- Support HR in the development of employment policies and benefits globally
- Draft and maintain precedents including offer letters, employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, policies and procedures.
- Draft and negotiate agreements for consultants, recruitment companies and employment agencies.
- Support merger, acquisition, restructuring, and integration activities.
- Deliver employment law training to HR team members and business managers.
- JD from top law school.
- 7+ years in-house legal experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively across geographies.
- Excellent drafting skills and attention to detail.
- Confident decision-making and good judgement.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Ability to travel internationally.