Our client, an exciting,fast-growing advertising technology startup, seeks an outstanding public policy attorney to join their Legal team as the Company’s first policy employee. We are seeking a smart, innovative and creative thinker to identify, advise and drive public policy needs as the company continues to expand its market leadership role as the world’s largest independent ad exchange.
This role is a great opportunity for someone wanting to shape the future of internet, mobile and public policy.You will be a key thought leader developing and advocating for policies around digital advertising and privacy that support the Company’s growth and expansion into people-based marketing. You will be the connection between the Company and industry organizations, policymakers, regulators and key opinion formers in the digital advertising ecosystem.
In this role, you should be able to identify areas of focus, be a leading participant where possible and advise the Company, in particular its product and engineering teams, as to laws and policies impacting the Company’s business.
- Working closely with different business units as new products are developed and current product features are enhanced to understand the business needs. As a key member of these teams, you will provide the insights and latest news from industry group and legislative initiatives that impact the product and work closely with the team to address any regulatory requirements;
- Find an industry acronym and chances are we belong. IAB, DAA and others. In this role you will be the point person to interact on different committees and events within these organizations. You will play a key role in publicly expressing the Company’s point of view and helping to influence policy.
- At the federal and state level, privacy and adtech have become an area of interest for legislatures. You will need to be our eyes and ears on the ground, understanding the political landscape and interacting with different groups to inform the conversation.
- GDPR is another acronym on the international level that impacts ad tech. You will work alongside the Legal team in staying on top of the latest pronouncements and actions coming from the EU.
- Act as an escalation point of contact and manage internal communications for policy issues.
- Law Degree from top-tier law school preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of Public Policy experience either in the private sector or in the public sector.
- Ability to dive deep into all products and assess/audit company practices.
- Ability to communicate processes and policies in a clear and concise manner and translate those processes and policies into products and action items.
- Analytical, creative problem solver motivated by company and client success.
- Strong knowledge of internet and adtech policy issues, including privacy, security and transparency.
- Prior background in adtech or social media
- Experience with a legislative body, executive branch/agency, trade group or self-regulatory organization a plus
- Solid organizational skills.
- Confident public speaker
- Prior in-house experience preferred but not required.