Our client, a rapid growing technology company, is looking for a Director, Intellectual Property for the legal team.
- Manage all legal matters related to Intellectual Property for the company.
- Advise on global patent and IP strategy to achieve optimal protection of the company’s business and innovations.
- Partner with Management, Product Development and Engineering teams.
- Develop and protect the IP portfolio, including preparing and prosecuting patent applications handle patent portfolio analysis and third-party IP risk assessment.
- Negotiate and draft IP license and technology transactions agreements, managing the overall transaction process and collaborating with other legal and business team members.
- Develop and advise on policies, programs, and guidelines related to intellectual property protection.
- Work cross-functionally within the company to influence and create actionable initiatives and reduce legal risk.
- Work closely with outside counsel as necessary.
- Help develop and implement opensource compliance procedures.
- Offer counseling on IP-related issues for new products and features.
- Create policies, procedures, training programs, compliance programs and playbooks
- J.D. from a top-tier law school and member in good standing of the California State Bar.
- EE, CS or relevant technical degree a plus.
- 8+ years of relevant experience required; law firm and inhouse preferred.
- Solid business judgment; ability to think strategically, leverage strong analytical skills, and confidently balance legal risks and business concerns.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with business partners and resolve issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in supporting a successful, hyper-growth high-technology company.
- Excellent and clear verbal/written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, who is inquisitive and has a passion for technology.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision, taking ownership and responsibility for identifying and completing projects.