Our client, Zoom, is looking for a Counsel, Third Party/Value Chain Management. Zoom’s mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that unifies your meeting experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever. The company is the world leader in video communications. Hundreds of thousands of businesses turn to Zoom for video and web collaboration.
The ideal candidate will partner closely with the compliance teams in handling various legal matters. This is an opportunity to be an integral part the business in a hyper-growth technology company.
You will contribute to the ongoing development of Zoom’s third party compliance risk management program. Your responsibilities will include:
- Enhancing and further developing Zoom’s global anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance program through the development of tailored and risk-based policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Developing, implementing, and managing a due diligence solution and procedures for third party commercial partners, including channel partners and resellers.
- Developing metrics for reporting on third party risk to various governance committees.
Develop and Oversee Compliance Requirements for Zoom Channel Partners, Resellers, and other Third Party Commercial Partners
- Collaborate with the Commercial Legal team to ensure risk-based controls are incorporated into commercial agreements with channel partners, resellers, and other third parties based on due diligence results. Implement a monitoring and auditing program to facilitate compliance with Zoom’s compliance requirements for these third parties.
- Train third party channel partners, resellers, and other third parties on Zoom’s compliance requirements.
- Train the Commercial Legal, Sales, Procurement, and other teams on compliance requirements for channel partners, resellers, and other third parties.
Facilitate and Oversee Zoom Customer Compliance Requirements
- Liaise with the Commercial Legal team to respond to customer inquiries and requests for representations and information about Zoom’s compliance program.
- Develop and maintain the Commercial Legal team’s C&E playbook that ensures consistent responses to customer inquiries related to ABAC, Sanctions, Anti-Slavery, etc. Work with the Commercial Legal team to track and update representations made to customers about Zoom’s C&E Program.
Supply Chain Compliance
- Develop a policy and procedures related to the UK Modern Slavery Act and an associated due diligence program. Develop similar programs as needed based on customer requirements as laws evolve in designated jurisdictions.
- Collaborate with the Procurement team to develop a supplier code of conduct, and implement a program for monitoring and auditing compliance with the supplier code.
REQUIREMENTS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school
- 8+ years of legal experience, including 3+ years managing third party compliance risk for a multinational company, preferably in the technology industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to speak “non-lawyer” with business partners throughout the company.
- Exceptional legal and business judgment
- Goal-oriented with solid business judgment and an ability to think strategically, prioritize, and timely deliver detail-oriented work, and balance legal risks and business concerns.
- Self-starter with intellectual curiosity, who is capable of learning on the job, taking initiative, developing new approaches when there are no precedents, and thriving within a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision, taking ownership and responsibility for completing projects.
- Energetic, with a positive mindset and “can-do” attitude.
- Possess high integrity, ethics, a good attitude, and a strong & persuasive personality with demonstrated ability to execute in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and build enduring relationships.
Zoom has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates on this search. Any resumes sent directly to Zoom will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Anne Kerwin Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org).