Our client, Zoom, is looking for a Counsel, Investigations and Compliance to join their rapidly growing legal team. Reporting directly to the Deputy General Counsel, Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer, this candidate will be responsible for investigations, regulatory enforcement, compliance and litigation in addition to other legal matters.
Zoom’s mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that unifies users’ meeting experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever. The company is the world leader in video communications. Hundreds of thousands of businesses turn to Zoom for video and web collaboration.
Zoom has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for a Counsel, Investigations and Compliance. Any resumes sent directly to Zoom will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Maddie Payne (email@example.com).
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Be an integral part of the compliance legal team at Zoom.
- Oversee, conduct, and coordinate internal investigations concerning potential Code of Conduct, conflicts of interest, misconduct, and other violations of internal Zoom policies or the law that may present compliance or legal risk to Zoom. Document investigative steps and draft robust investigations reports for business review.
- Assisting in the management of commercial disputes, litigation, arbitrations, and investigations.
- Eagerness to problem solve with the rest of the legal team on commercial, product, privacy, corporate, employment, IP, and litigation matters.
- Partner with the compliance team on the enhancement of core compliance program elements across Zoom including risk assessment, policies and procedures, training, communication, monitoring and reporting.
- Provide pragmatic day-to-day and strategic advice to minimize legal risks while advancing business goals and initiatives.
- Design, build, and improve legal department processes to keep up with hyper growth.
- Oversee and manage outside counsel, as needed.
- Approach legal issues with a business-first mindset.
As the perfect candidate for this role, you’ll likely have:
- 7+ years relevant experience; JD from top law school; admitted to the Bar.
- In-house experience at a technology company; investigations and litigation experience a must.
- Time spent in government is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams and build consensus among stakeholders.
- Passion to work in a collaborative team environment with a “can-do” attitude to deliver results.
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multi-task, adjust to rapidly changing priorities, and drive strategic projects to successful delivery.
- Sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, flexibility and ability to work independently
- Ability to explain complex legal issues in basic terms for the company and quickly issue-spot and appropriately prioritize risk and outcomes.
- Growth mindset: every new challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow.