Our client, a venture capital firm, is seeking a Counsel to join their Legal Team. This person will partner closely with the firm’s General Counsel, while supporting all aspects of the legal function.
- Develop systems, policies, and procedures to support the firm’s corporate governance, as well as the back office, talent operations, and incubation efforts.
- Negotiate and review agreements and other documents relating to domestic and foreign private investment funds, separately managed accounts, and co-investment vehicles.
- Negotiate and review a wide variety of agreements, such as investment documents, vendor agreements, NDAs, advisory, and/or consulting agreements.
- Provide support for enforcing, evaluating, and drafting investment policies, guidelines and compliance measures.
- Improve the firm’s standard form agreements and legal processes.
- JD required. Bar admission and in good standing in at least one state, preferably California.
- 2-4 years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience.
- Previous exposure to fund/asset management, especially venture capital, as well as corporate governance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to, among other things, keep relevant stakeholders informed.
- Demonstrated ability and exceptional judgment while balancing competing priorities.
- Efficiently executing multiple projects and maintaining the highest levels of professionalism.
- Passionate about the law, technology, and the venture world.
- Ownership mentality and enjoyment of taking initiative on projects with a high degree of responsibility and complexity.
- Passion for challenging, team-focused, intellectually-driven, and fast-moving environment.
- Able to simplify and write about complex legal and business issues for a non-legal audience
- Passionate about strategy and execution.
The estimated annual base salary for this position is $200,000 - $230,000.