A technology client on the Peninsula is looking for a Corporate Paralegal to support the company’s fast-paced corporate practice. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience providing support on Board and corporate governance issues, SEC filings, subsidiaries and compliance matters. This person will report directly into the Company’s Deputy General Counsel. This is a unique opportunity to be in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where your work will have a direct impact on the company and legal team. This is a temporary to permanent hire.
- Corporate governance activities for U.S. and international subsidiaries, including entity management, subsidiary formations and dissolutions
- Support for board and committee meetings actions and maintain minute and board books
- Preparing Section 16 filings and assisting with other SEC filings including the proxy statement and Forms 10-K,10-Q and 8-K filings
- Managing insider trading compliance,reviewing and managing 10b5-1 plans, and supporting on stock trading matters
- Facilitating the collection of information from teams across the company, reviewing documents and transmitting information to outside counsel with minimal guidance.
- Legal research and preparation of agreements, including coordinating approvals and signatures of documents.
- Working closely with Finance, HR,and other teams to provide corporate data for auditor, RFPs, and other third-party requests
- Managing, organizing and filing key corporate documents
- Managing the Corporate team’s access to various software and subscriptions, and maintaining relationships with third-party vendors
- Supporting mergers and acquisitions activity
- Assisting with special projects,including coordinating document production and litigation holds.
- Undertaking other projects as required as part of a small legal team
- 6+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal
- In-house public company experience required
- Experience in Section 16 compliance and SEC disclosures and filings
- Experience managing international subsidiaries
- Experience in corporate records management
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions a plus
- Experience in litigation a plus
- Proficient in Excel, Word,PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Docs and Okta
- Bachelors’ degree with strong academic record
- Paralegal certificate preferred