Corporate In-House Counsel (Silicon Valley)
Our client, a prestigious construction and real estate development firm, is looking for an In-House Counsel to help with transactions and general legal matters. Reporting directly to the VP and GC, this attorney will enjoy a breadth of real estate legal matters as the number two attorney. Prior experience with real estate development issues from LOI until closing as well as general contract matters.
The responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to:
- JD from a top school and member of California State Bar.
- 2+ years of general legal experience in either a corporate or law firm setting.
- Proven ability to negotiate a high volume of deals including leases and management agreements from LOI through closing.
- Review, negotiate, draft and structure lease, close commercial leases, management agreements, and other broad-based contracts.
- Identify opportunities for internal process improvements and implement them, resolve disputes that arise during the development of a project.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; confidence and ease in communication in writing.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization and interface with high-level individuals internally and externally.
- Able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects at once, and meet deadlines.
- A multi-tasker with excellent analytical, drafting and legal skills, organized, detail-oriented, resourceful and flexible.
- Self-starter with the ability to execute tasks efficiently with sound business judgment and attention to detail.