Our client, a global technology company, is looking for a transactional attorney to support their rapidly growing and evolving devices business. The attorney will work closely with the business development and technical teams as counsel on strategic partnership deals and distribution deals. The attorney will also support inbound technology transactions.
- Support business leaders as lead counsel on strategic deals
- Structure, draft and negotiate software licensing and other commercial agreements
- Counsel the business team on a range of intellectual property, technology, digital media, privacy, and regulatory matters, and provide day-to-day advice
- Resolve issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handle pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries
- Some travel may be required
- JD degree and membership in one state bar is required
- 5+ years of experience as a transactional attorney.
- Experience at a top national or international law firm preferred.
- Prior in-house experience at a media, Internet,or technology company preferred
- Experience drafting and negotiating technology transactions, including software licenses
- Experience structuring, drafting and negotiating complex software licensing and other commercial agreements in support of product development and launch
- Ability to work independently while also contributing successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Technical background (computer science,electrical or mechanical engineering preferred), with strong knowledge of software and hardware development and design is preferred
- Knowledge of the media space, including over-the-top (OTT) services and business trends is preferred