Our client, a leading digital products company, is in need of a proactive and dynamic Corporate Counsel to join its Legal Team. Reporting to the Head of Compliance, this role is a tremendous opportunity for an attorney with experience in government contracts compliance relevant to the technology industry, with exposure to technology licensing and the provision of services to federal, state and local governments.
- Act in both an advisory and a “hands-on” position requiring day-to-day interaction with other members of the Arm legal team, sales team, and licensing team as well as federal, state and local contracting officers and government attorneys.
- Act as a resource to business units and other legal team members seeking guidance on structuring complex transactions.
- Review and advise the public sector business operations and bid proposal/capture teams in responding to requests for proposals, teaming agreements, nondisclosure agreements, licensing and service agreements and related documents, including required government certifications of various types and applicable Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs) and programs.
- Interface with the corporate operations, finance, Information Security, Internal Audit and other supporting cross-functional organizations to answer questions and resolve issues related to public sector legal issues in support of transactional business.
- Periodically train public sector business, sales, and services organizations and other interested staff in public sector new developments and related issues.
- Periodically engage with U.S. federal, state and local contracting officers and government attorneys and represent Arm to help resolve challenging public sector legal issues in support of the public sector contracts team.
- Train the enterprise and public sector business management, business operations, sales, and cross-functional supporting groups regarding federal and state contracting compliance requirements in support of sales and contracting activities.
- Provide oversight and guidance for Arm internal compliance activities for the public sector business.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of licensing and services issues and related business practices, policies and procedures, and apply your knowledge and experience to non-standard and highly complex transactions.
- Carry out intellectual property matters (rights in technical data, patent law) arising from various acquisition means–procurement contracts, CRADAs, and Other Transaction Authority agreements.
- Identify potential areas of Public Sector vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- JD degree from an accredited law school and active bar membership.
- Experience with contracting/procuring with US Federal, State, and Local entities.
- Ability to analyze and negotiate contract or subcontract requirements, special provisions and general terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies, and business unit procedures.
- Knowledge of federal and state RFP procedures, contracting programs and vehicles such as Other Transaction Authority, Cooperative Research and Development Agreements, and GWACs.
- Knowledge and understanding of FAR/DFARS and the GSA Schedule is a must.
- Experience with the Department of Energy and Department of Defense (DARPA) is a plus.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Able to integrate quickly into the existing team and work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization, with strong influencing and listening skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within both the trademarks team and wider cross-functional teams on other projects.