Our client is looking for a Corporate Counsel to be the #3 at this unique law firm. This is a new kind of legal team that brings an operator’s perspective to the legal function for startups. In this key role you will help fast-paced startups scale rapidly, continue to build a ‘generalist’ skill set as a lawyer, and have the opportunity to work remotely. The lead Counsel is a great mentor and open to training the right candidate.
- Advise the firm’s venture-backed startups—primarily enterprise SaaS companies based in the Silicon Valley—between their Series A and Series C rounds of financing across a range of industries, from security to cloud infrastructure to drone detection.
- Support the firm’s clients in developing their technology and building their customer base.
- Support the Sales function, as well as vendor contracts and supply chain management.
- Assist with employment issues, privacy, and security.
- Support colleagues across the organization, from the executive staff to individual contributors.
- Support the firms’ mission to protect the environment by supporting the growing rights of nature movement, with an opportunity to be involved with cutting-edge environmental work as well, through writing, assistance with community organizing, and evangelizing.
- JD from a top 50 law school.
- 3+ years of experience working with venture-backed technology companies either/both at a firm or in-house.
- Background with a transactional focus, either corporate/securities or technology transactions.
- Communication skills and business acumen are essential.