Zoom has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for a Compliance Writer. Any resumes sent directly to Zoom will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in speaking about or applying for this role, please contact Krithi Byadgi (email@example.com).
At the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, Chief Information Security Officer, Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer and others, the Compliance Writer will draft, revise and memorialize policies and processes throughout the company. The Compliance Writer will review existing controls, policies, and procedures; work with Zoom’s Security, Legal, Compliance and Ethics functions and others to obtain stakeholder input from across the Company; and collaborate with Legal and Compliance to facilitate alignment with identified Company stakeholders.
- Write and edit technical documents, including policies, procedures, and guidelines. Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by executive management, and technical engineers, developers and compliance management ensuring that documents meet applicable technical industry and compliance standards.
- Provide expertise in the creation, implementation and maintenance of appropriate policies, and procedures to be compliant with applicable technology, regulatory and compliance requirements, such as ISO 27001, SSAE 18 (SOC 2 Type II), and GDPR.
- Consult relevant regulatory, information sources and resources, and technical documents, to obtain background information and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing technical documentation deliverables are applied.
- Understand IT compliance control gaps and oversee the documentation of the IT compliance control portfolio.
- Assist in policy lifecycle management by monitoring changes to applicable standards and the regulatory landscape as it pertains to the company. Manage the tracking, monitoring and document control of technical documents.
- Make recommendations to management at all levels to ensure that appropriate levels of compliance are maintained.
- 7 years’ experience as a professional writer and 3 or more years’ experience in the compliance governance, risk or cyber security field.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with an ability to translate technical process information into user-friendly content to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specific expertise and experience in the technology sector.
- Broad expertise and experience with some or all of the following areas: compliance, compliance & ethics, privacy, governance and security.
- Knowledge of published security standards (NIST, OWASP, ISO, California Consumer Privacy Act).
- Security and compliance certifications preferred.
- Collaborative, professional demeanor and ability to work with senior executives required.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with varied company stakeholders utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish credibility and working relationships with a wide range of corporate personnel, including operations, management, executive and legal staff as well as external personnel, including auditors and customers.
- Project management experience is desired.