Our client, a global technology company in Seattle, is in search of an outstanding Corporate Counsel with depth working on inbound and outbound commercial transactions. This person will have the opportunity to work with a variety of business units.
The focus of this role is to be a business partner and advisor to business executives, product teams, sales teams, and customers regarding commercial matters and transactions involving the sale, licensing and/or purchase of strategic IP assets.
- Advise on legal and business matters related to the continuing growth of the business
- Assist sales and other stakeholders in understanding legal and contract concepts and implications
- Review, draft, and negotiate a range of commercial, IP, and other contracts
- Advise the company on supply agreements for parts and raw materials, license/ technology agreements, equipment purchase and lease agreements, and other transactional documents.
- Assist in the implementation of processes, advising on special projects, providing training, and developing programs to protect IP and accomplish business goals
- Conduct general legal research and due diligence
- JD and 7+ years of legal experience, ideally with training at a law firm
- Experience with inbound and outbound commercial matters, including buy-sell transactions
- Background in software licensing, financing agreements, and M&A transactions, and an understanding of patent law is ideal, but not required
- Strong intellectual horsepower, proactive, highly motivated self-starter
- Capacity and desire to learn the business quickly
- Understand how to translate business needs into contract language; demonstrated ability to creatively sole problems
- Customer-focused, both internally and externally
- Ability to work collaboratively, quickly build trust and confidence; exercise sound judgment, integrity, and a willingness to engage in constructive debate