Our client, a global energy technology company, is in need of a Commercial Counsel to join their growing legal team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Legal, you will partner with business team members in negotiating a variety of commercial transactions and other legal matters. The ideal candidate should be capable of taking on new challenges, and work independently in a very fast-paced environment.
- Identify and mitigate risk while structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements including sales-related (customer/distributor-facing), procurement-related(outbound, supplier-facing), reseller, channel, installer and consumer warranties.
- Review marketing and promotional programs and materials as needed.
- Provide legal support to the company’s sales, marketing, and digital business teams and liaise with all necessary cross-functional business clients on such agreements.
- Create and maintain template agreements and refine contract processes and forms.
- Support the Legal team in developing, implementing and enforcing legal and compliance policies.
- Assist in other matters such as data and consumer privacy matters, as appropriate.
- Work cross-functionally within the company to influence and create actionable initiatives and reduce legal risk.
- Perform other relevant duties and tasks as requested or necessary.
- JD degree from a nationally recognized ABA accredited law school.
- Member in good standing of the California State Bar.
- 5-10years’ experience working in commercial, technology, and/or transactional matters including a combination of law firm and in-house experience, preferably at a high-technology company.
- Strong and clear verbal/written communication skills with an ability to speak “non-lawyer” with business partners throughout the company.
- Excellent drafting, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible, to think strategically and to balance legal risks against business concerns.
- Possess high integrity, ethics, a good attitude, and a strong & persuasive personality with demonstrated ability to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and build enduring relationships.