Founded in 2010, Marqeta has re-engineered how payment cards, virtual cards, and mobile authorization products should be developed and deployed. The Marqeta Platform, built from the ground up with no legacy infrastructure, provides the world’s first fully documented, open API issuer processor platform. Companies can build, issue and deploy innovative payment, finance and commerce solutions with enormous control over what, where, and how purchases are authorized. Adopters of The Marqeta Platform include leading financial services, e-commerce, retail, and social media brands. Engineered in California, The Marqeta Platform integrates with Visa, MasterCard, and Discover and makes it easier than ever to make payments, receive payments, reward customers and create more efficient business processes.
Marqeta is looking for an accomplished and motivated Chief Compliance Officer with a passion for developing and implementing strong compliance programs. Reporting directly to the Chief Legal Officer, the Chief Compliance Officer will lead the Risk and Compliance organization while setting the overall compliance strategy for the organization, leading the development of international compliance policies and implementing compliance programs.
- Develops and maintains appropriate global compliance policies and standards (such as AML, BSA, KYC, CDD, Ethics and Privacy) and supporting their effective implementation throughout the company.
- Highly cross-functional and strategic role that requires strong partnerships with our Business Development, Product Management, and Legal teams as well as the bank partners to conceive and execute a strategy that ensures compliance while supporting innovation and throughput.
- Responds to changes in relevant laws, regulations, identifying impacts across the enterprise, adjusting policy as necessary, and coordinating with relevant stakeholders to provide guidance on implementation.
- Develops and oversees implementation of corporate-wide programs, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations and e
- Interprets and communicates compliance requirements to management and all employees. Ensure that compliance responsibilities are incorporated into business processes and practices.
- Provides support and guidance to the business lines on compliance policy, regulatory interpretation and implementation.
- Continuously improves standard compliance policies and processes to help scale the compliance function.
- Develops and delivers effective reporting to Management Team and the Board of Directors on global compliance policy efforts.
Qualifications and Traits:
- 10+ years of relevant compliance experience; prior experience as a Head of Compliance or Chief Compliance Officer a plus.
- Must have depth in AML/BSA compliance and have previously worked in compliance at a fintech or financial services company.
- Must be a people-centric, purpose-driven and results-oriented leader who has a high level of ethical standards and integrity, and a strong management and team building background.
- Knowledge of current and emerging payment systems regulation/supervision within the US, Canada and UK/EU, and in particular AML regulators.
- Experience working directly with, or supporting internal control functions in technology, payments/banking or working directly with regulators within the US, Canada and UK/EU, and in particular AML regulators and banking regulators.
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast paced and dynamic environment with a high degree of personal accountability, quality, accuracy, integrity and trust.
- Ability to promote a culture of compliance, accountability and early escalation of issues while still supporting innovation and an execution.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality deliverables.
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable in a high-paced, intense, but informal start-up environment.
- High emotional intelligence and sense of humor required.
Marqeta has exclusively engaged Kerwin Associates to conduct their search for a Chief Compliance Officer. Any resumes sent directly to Marqeta will be forwarded to Kerwin Associates. If you are interested in learning more, please contact Anne Kerwin (firstname.lastname@example.org) OR Maddie Payne (email@example.com).